Monday, September 8, 2008

Wise... or not so much?

Wednesday morning at 8am, I'll be having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. Yes, I'm a little old to be just getting this done, but the last one only grew in within the last year. I'm not that keen on doing this in the first place, so I certainly didn't want to have to have them slice open my gums to get out the teeth that hadn't come in. That excuse is now finally invalid, and the dentist complains every time he sees me, so my oral surgery is going to be this week. At least they will knock me out, so I won't have to listen to the teeth being ripped out of my head. Whee!

This of course puts me on a cold-food, liquid diet for the rest of the week. I have a sneaking suspicion the calorie-watching activities will be conspicuously absent for the next little bit...

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Good luck! I still don't have my wisdom teeth in, so for me it would be "not so much". :)

Anonymous said...

I've had 2 of my 4 wisdom teeth pulled...it wasn't too bad!!
Keep us posted on your recovery!!! I'll say a prayer for you!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, surprise! However, my child, you are still young, so hopefully your recovery will be kinder than mine was at 50+. It definitely was weird having a procedure when nothing seemed wrong. But I did warn you! Too bad all my dentists never complained when I was still young.

I'm sure you'll be able to arrange a healthy liquid diet, at least enough to keep your conscience on a good level. Just don't overdo it once you feel like real food again.

Again, you're young, you'll survive! But you do definitely deserve all the pain medication!