Monday, October 20, 2008

Whiter than snow

“Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.” Psalm 51:7

Ok, so maybe it isn't quite snow level, but it is still amazing. (and now I have that hymn stuck in my head) It's been quite some time since the concrete at my house has been cleaned. I have done it in the time I've lived there, but probably not for about 6-7 years or so. I knew it was dirty, I just didn't realize to what extent. Until I had it cleaned this past weekend. Wow. The difference is unbelievable. I am absolutely NOT exaggerating when I say it is now so white, you can see it 2 blocks down the hill from my house. (we live on a curve)

turned into

(from this angle, I realize that we only cleaned the tops of the stairs, not the sides of them. ooops! shows the stark contrast pretty nicely, though)

As well as the Biblical reference posted above, this also reminds me of the Casting Crowns song Slow Fade:

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made, a price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade

No comments: