Friday, October 9, 2009

Computer problems again!

Unbelievable as it may sound, my hard drive has died again. Yes, the one that I just got 3 weeks ago after the last one died. Yes, this is now the 4th one since I got the machine in summer 2008. I was in a distinctly unpleasant mood when I phoned the HP tech line to complain.

This time, instead of simply sending me a replacement hard drive, I'm going to send in the laptop for them to check the motherboard and anything/everything else to see if they can determine what might be causing the drives to repeatedly "poop out" (quote from the tech).

While this will hopefully fix my problems, it also means I'll be without my laptop for probably a good two weeks between shipping and repair time. We do have Alex's desktop, so I can still log on thru webmail to check email, but I find that screen difficult to use, so will probably not be checking it much. I'll still read everything when I can download it properly, of course, but might not have much contact in between.

So if you don't hear from me for a while, you know why. Not that I've been particularly chatty the past few weeks anyway, but... that's because I've been working 60-hour weeks and that's left me a little too tired to deal with a computer!

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I was wondering how things were going since I hadn't heard from you, but with working 60 hour weeks I can see why. So glad to hear that you are still working - at least as of the date of this posting. Is it supposed to go the 10 weeks like they thought? more perhaps? Well, I have been thinking about you and praying for your job situation. Keep me posted. Hope to hear from you when you get a chance.